Mail Room and Auxiliary Services
The Division of the Social Sciences’ Auxiliary Services Department provides mail, copy, and printing-related services to academic, administrative, and support departments, along with staff-affiliated organizations, and students.
- Black/white and color copies
- Single and double-sided copying
- Comb binding
- Course Packets Preparation & Distribution
- Assortment of colored and textured papers, including cover stock, specialty papers, etc.
- Process copyright permissions for course reader packets (Processing may take 2-4 weeks)
- Mailbox Assignment & Key Service
- Mail Distribution
- Shipping/Receiving Services
- E-Ship Global shipping (DHL, FedEx, UPS)
- Lost & Found
Location and Services:
Social Sciences Research Building
1126 E. 59th Street, Suite 001 Lower Level Chicago, Illinois 60637
Auxiliary Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
The Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center operates under the following guidelines in order to comply with laws regulating duplication and usage of copyrighted materials.
- A one-time “emergency” copy is allowed for an instructor and/or TA.
- Multiple classroom copies of copyrighted material cannot be duplicated without written copyright permission.
- Since “fair use” guidelines may prohibit the selling of reproduced copyrighted material, “fair use” is not applicable in the Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center.
- Material that is 90 years or older is considered in the “public domain” and does not require copyright permission to duplicate.
- Copyright permission requests for Course packets are due at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the quarter.
- Copyright request forms are available from our office (SS 103)
- SSD/DEAN’S OFFICE, SSRB-110
- HISTORY, SSRB 332
- SOCIOLOGY, SSRB 307
- DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE, SSRB 101
- SOCIAL THOUGHT, FOSTER 312
- PSYCHOLOGY, GREEN 107
- POLITICAL SCIENCE, PICK HALL 401
- ECONOMICS, SAIEH HALL 308
- BFI, SAIEH HALL 126
- PROVOST OFFICE, LEVI HALL 5TH FLOOR
- ANTHROPOLOGY, HASKELL HALL
- SSD/ LOCAL BUSINESS CENTER, 1155 E 60 (PICK UP/DROP OFF LBC MAIL)
- HUMAN RESOURCE FINANCIAL SERVICES, 6054 DREXEL
- BURSAR’S OFFICE, EDELSTONE 6030 ELLIS (on request only)
- BIO-PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCES BUILDING (on request only) (940 E. 57thSTREET, RM 123)
- GENDER STUDIES / RACE CENTER, 5733 UNIVERSITY (UPON REQUEST)
- HUMAN DEVELOPMENT, 1101 E. 58th (UPON REQUEST)
- WILDER HOUSE, 5811 KENWOOD (UPON REQUEST)
- SURVEY LAB & UCSMP, 6030 ELLIS (UPON REQUEST)
- MAPSS 5730 WOODLAWN (UPON REQUEST)
Tea Room Reservation Guidelines
- Return SSRB Tea Room to its original conditions
- Return furniture to original locations
- Empty trash and take to dumpster
- Do not leave food/beverages in refrigerator or on counters
- Wash all surfaces used (counters, tables, etc.)
- Any use of the Tea Room after 5:00pm or weekends requires the hiring of the University of Chicago Police to allow admittance to buildings
- Promptly return keys after use no later than noon the following business day.
- Fees will be charged for lost keys and/or additional cleaning and repairs.