- Individuals interested in the language, literature, religion, and material culture of the Middle East should apply through the Division of the Humanities
- Individuals interested in the people, politics, international relations, and economics of the Middle East should apply through the Division of the Social Sciences
Application requirements include:
- A completed online application through either the Division of the Humanities or the Division of the Social Sciences
- Unofficial transcripts for all post-secondary schools attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Candidate statement
- Writing sample
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores, if required per the University English Proficiency Policy
Applicants for the Master of Arts in Middle Eastern Studies are expected to meet the graduate admission requirements of the University and of the Division to which they apply. Individuals applying to the joint program with the Harris School of Public Policy may only apply through the Division of the Social Sciences.
Students must enter the program in the Autumn quarter. Although the program is designed for full time students, applications from those who can attend only on a part time basis will be considered.
Admissions Contact Information
Division of the Humanities
Division of the Social Sciences