Welcome to the Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center
We here at Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center provide services that help Social Sciences faculty and staff manage their day. Services include maintaining six mailrooms, duplicating documents, distributing paychecks and advices, reserving several lounges in the division, receiving and distributing large packages, etc.
Monica Najera is the first person you’ll see as you enter our office. Monica runs the front desk and accepts and processes orders. She also handles the sale of course packets. She is kind, courteous, and extremely helpful.
As manager, David Coleman is dedicated to providing excellent service to the Division of the Social Sciences. David has been with and managed the Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center for many years.
The Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center is located on the first floor of the Social Sciences Research Building, Room 103. The telephone number is 773-702-8797.
- Location: SS-103
- Telephone: 2-8797
- Fax: 2-9673
- David Coleman, Manager: 2-7371 email@example.com
- Monica Najera, Project Asst.: 2-8797 firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Desk & Welcome Center
Course Packets Preparation & Distribution
Mailbox Assignment & Key Service
Consulting Services for Purchase & Maintainence of Copiers in Division
Check Pick Up (from Bursar)
Monthly/Biweekly Payroll Check Distribution
Building Management (Program Main Entry Doors)
Lost & Found
Vending Machine Management
Mailbox and Keys Services
|8 1/2 x 11 White||$0.07||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 14 White||$0.08||per sheet|
|11 x 17 White||$0.12||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 11 White 3 hole||$0.08||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 11 20 lb pastel||$0.08||per sheet|
|81/2 x 11 Astrobrite||$0.09||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 11 Cardstock||$0.09||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 14 Colored paper||$0.08||per sheet|
|2pp per sheet/hand||$0.20||per sheet|
|PDF file scan per page||$0.02||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 11||$0.13||per sheet|
|8 1/2 x 14||$0.15||per sheet|
|11 x 17||$0.17||per sheet|
|Pastels add .01 Astro add.02|
Extra Services at Additional Prices
|Spiral Binding per set||$3.00||each|
|2 Hole Report Cover||$3.00||per cut|
The Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center operates under the following guidelines in order to comply with laws regulating duplication and usage of copyrighted materials.
- A one-time “emergency” copy is allowed for an instructor and/or TA.
- Multiple classroom copies of copyrighted material cannot be duplicated without written copyright permission.
- Since “fair use” guidelines may prohibit the selling of reproduced copyrighted material, “fair use” is not applicable in the Social Sciences Auxiliary Services Center.
- Material that is 90 years or older is considered in the “public domain” and does not require copyright permission to duplicate.
- Copyright permission requests for Course packets are due at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the quarter.
- Copyright request forms are available from our office (SS 103)
- SSD/DEAN’S OFFICE, SSRB-110
- HISTORY, SSRB 332
- SOCIOLOGY, SSRB 307
- DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE, FOSTER 107
- SOCIAL THOUGHT, FOSTER 312
- SSD/ LOCAL BUSINESS CENTER, KELLY HALL 206<
- (PICK UP/DROP OFF LBC MAIL)
- PSYCHOLOGY, GREEN 107
- POLITICAL SCIENCE, PICK HALL 401
- ECONOMICS, ROSENWALD 208
- ANTHROPOLOGY, HASKELL HALL
- BURSAR’S OFFICE/PROVOST OFFICE ADMINISTRATION BLDG.
- 1ST FLOOR / 5TH FLOOR
- URA /CAMPUS COMPUTER STORE, BOOKSTORE
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, 6054 DREXEL
- BIO-PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCES BUILDING (940 E. 57thSTREET, RM 123)
- GENDER STUDIES / RACE CENTER, 5733 UNIVERSITY
- (UPON REQUEST)
- HUMAN DEVELOPMENT, 5730 WOODLAWN AND 5736 WOODLAWN
- (UPON REQUEST)
- CEAS, JUDD HALL 302
- WILDER HOUSE, 5811 KENWOOD (UPON REQUEST)
- FINANCIAL SERVICES, 6054 DREXEL
- SOCIAL SCIENCES COMPUTING SERVICES, 1155 E 60TH, RM 049
- SURVEY LAB & UCSMP, 6030 ELLIS (UPON REQUEST)
Tea Room and Pick Hall Lounge
- Return SSRB Tea Room and Pick Hall lounge to their original conditions
- Return furniture to original locations
- Empty trash and take to dumpster
- Do not leave food/beverages in refrigerator or on counters
- Wash all surfaces used (counters, tables, etc.)
- Any use of the Tea Room and Pick Lounge after 5:00pm or weekends requires the hiring of the University of Chicago Police to allow admittance to buildings
- Promptly return keys after use no later than noon the following business day